Abnormal (dysfunctional) uterine bleeding is irregular uterine bleeding that occurs in the absence of recognizable pelvic pathology. The most often cause dysfunctional uterine bleeding are:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine polyps
- Uterine fibroids
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- irregular vaginal bleeding for three or more menstrual cycles
- You get your period more often than every 21 days or farther apart than 35 days. A normal adult menstrual cycle is 21 to 35 days long. A normal teen cycle is 21 to 45 days.
- Your period lasts longer than 7 days (normally 4 to 6 days).
- Your bleeding is heavier than normal. If you are passing blood clots and soaking through your usual pads or tampons each hour for 2 or more hours, your bleeding is considered severe and you should call your doctor.
For Ayurvedic treatment of ‘Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding’ please contact our physicians at:
Best Ayurveda Clinic
2250 Bovaird Dr. E, Unit 601, Brampton ON L6R0W3
Phone: +1-416-804-1500, 647-276-1111